Thursday, August 23, 2012

Some Songs Are Made Just To Melt Your Heart...


I don't know why but I think, some songs are just so click in to your head, so that every time you listen to it, you feel like the melody and the lyric melt your heart right away...

I kinda miss Phoenix every time i hear those though :-)

Here are my all time songs: As I Lay Me Down from Sophie B Hawkins and If You Leave Me Now from Chicago.

Go browse them on Youtube, enjoying it with a cup of tea :-)

------

As I Lay Me Down - Sophie B Hawkins


It felt like spring time on this February morning
In the courtyard birds were singing your praise
I'm still recalling things you said to make me feel alright
I carried them with me today, Now

As I lay me down to sleep
This I pray
That you will hold me dear
Though I'm far away
I'll whisper your name into the sky
And I will wake up happy

I wonder why I feel so high
Though I am not above the sorrow
Heavy hearted
Till you call my name
And it sounds like church bells
Or the whistle of a train
On a summer evening
I'll run to meet you
Barefoot barely breathing


It's not too near for me
Like a flower I need the rain
Though it's not clear to me
Every season has its change
And I will see you
When the sun comes out again


----


If You Leave Me Now - Chicago

If you leave me now, you'll take away the biggest part of me
Uh uh uh uh no baby please don't go
And if you leave me now, you'll take away the very heart of me
Uh uh uh uh no baby please don't go
Uh uh uh uh girl I just want you to stay

A love like ours is love that's hard to find
How could we let it slip away
We've come too far to leave it all behind
How could we end it all this way
When tomorrow comes and we'll both regret
The things we said today

A love like ours is love that's hard to find
How could we let it slip away
We've come too far to leave it all behind
How could we end it all this way
When tomorrow comes and we'll both regret
The things we said today

If you leave me now, you'll take away the biggest part of me
Uh uh uh uh no baby please don't go
Uh girl, just got to have you by my side

Uh uh uh uh no baby, please don't go